My name is Timo Kiander, and I’m the person behind this blog.
As well as being a blogger, I’m also an author, a freelance writer, and a software specialist (my day job). I’m also an (occasional) athlete.
I have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. I found my passion for personal productivity in 2007, and I eventually started a blog about it in 2010.
I’m in my late-forties and live in Finland with my wife and our son.
What is This Blog All About?
The goal of this site is to improve your work productivity and work-life balance. The blog especially talks to those who have a day job and a family.
But don’t worry if you don’t fall into these groups of people. You can still find valuable lessons in this blog.
Time management is life management. And once you have strong time management skills, you can get plenty of meaningful things done.
Thanks to proper time management, here is a partial list of what I have achieved:
- I have completed 18 marathons and many triathlons.
- I have passed two certification tests at work (at my day job).
- I have written seven books.
- I have started this blog, which has led to newspaper, magazine, TV, and radio appearances.
- I’m also running another blog about WordPress.
- I’m a freelance writer.
- I’m able to spend quality time with my family.
I’m not here to brag about my accomplishments. You can also achieve these very same things - and even more – if you want to.
What Type of Content Can You Expect in This Blog?
There are three characteristics that best describe my blog posts:
- The content is "right-form". Although I typically prefer writing longer posts, this is not necessarily the case in this blog. I want you to grab an idea or technique fast, without having to spend 20-30 minutes reading the post (this is a time management blog after all). I believe these kinds of posts can give you the maximum value.
- The content is not just a theory. Instead, I create content that reflects my personal experiences on the topic. This way, the posts are more personal, and you can relate to them easier.
- I keep the posts actionable so that you can leverage the information as quickly as possible.
This blog focuses on writing topics, such as:
- Productivity and timesaving tips for the home and the office
- How to become more organized
- How to achieve the perfect work/life balance
- Well-being and personal growth
My Blog Mentioned Elsewhere
This site is not the only place where I appear online. You can also find mentions of me on the following websites:
- Huffington Post
- Time Management Ninja
- Imatralainen (local newspaper)
- Uutisvuoksi (local newspaper)
- Trendi (a Finnish Magazine)
- YLE (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
Best of Productive Superdad
To give you an idea of what Productive Superdad is all about, here are some articles you might like:
- Why You Should Get Up Earlier and How to Actually Do It
- 101 Tips for Becoming a Productivity Superstar
- 4 Ways to Take Advantage of Procrastination (+ a Book You Might Find Interesting)
- Why I Lost My Productivity and How I Got It Back
- Work Smarter Not Harder: 26 (+17) Effective Ways to Boosting Your Work Performance
- 14 Essential Steps for Taking Action Now!
- The Question That Helps You to Prepare for the Unexpected Change in Your Plans
- 11 Common Time Management Issues When Working from Home
- Sleep and Productivity Go Hand in Hand
General Guidelines for This Blog
Keep these points in mind when you read the posts on this blog:
- Content schedule: I update this blog once every one to six weeks.
- Affiliate links: I might use affiliate links to products and services I have used myself.
- Guest posts: I don’t accept guest posts.
If you have any questions, please send me a message through the contact form.